ABOUT CRISALIDE PROJECT
Crisalide project is an industrial chain initiative promoted by the Enterprise Network between SOLIDpower, Dolomiti Energia and Trillary, born as a result of a special collaboration with Habitech – Technological District of Trentino. In the chain actually actively participate companies of the plant engineering sector, of the energy saving sector, of the accademical and professional education (Fondazione Mach, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Università degli Studi di Trento, Centro Ricerche Create-Net, Trento Rise, Graphitech, Enaip Trentino) with international references of high level.
Crisalides’s aim is to be an ecosystem and a permanent board of confrontation for the promotion of micro-cogeneration with fuel cells at a national level. It involves the most important industrial and energy operators, in order to concretely develop the distributed generation and the advanced applications for the security of the National Electricity System.
OBJECTIVES FOR THE 2012-2014
- To realize, with the support of the European project ene.field, at least 70 kW of functional tests with Solid Oxide Fuel Cells which supply high efficiency electric and thermal power, starting from methane or GPL, classifiable as High Efficiency Cogeneration;
- To realize the planned installations, on already existing thermal plants, and efficiently integrate the electrical usage, giving priority to sites where the electric power is not exchanged with the net and the heat is used during the whole year.
- To conclude the management, supervision and monitoring system, adding advanced and computerized management functions, involving also the local network supplier and the managing authority of the national electricity grid, in order to enhance the concept of Virtual Power Plant. Such tool will allow a more efficient management of the micro-cogenerators placed on the whole territory of Trentino.
- To go ahead with communication activities with the aim of informing about the activities of the chain and its positive results, mostly through press releases and/or open meetings;
- To support Habitech – a Technological District based in Trentino with investigations and analysis with the aim of assessing the impact of the chain’s activities and the development opportunities until 2020.
On the medium period (2015-2020), thanks to both the support of national and international projects, the aim is to progressively reduce the manufacturing costs and reach the market with an appropriate price for the consumer. This forecast ( see figure 1 on the right side) shows in which way the market volumes allow a costs’ reduction. Therefore, in order to reach the mass market, the innovative products need to be introduced in it in a very specific way (norms, incentives, etc..). They also need the support of specific technical norms (Aeeg,excise taxes, bureaucratic load), and then the contribute of all the stakeholders and of a whole chain.
THE MICRO-COGENERATION AND THE LEED SYSTEM
The Italian LEED Certification’s system is based on the attribution of credits, which are recognized by the Green Building Council Italia, concurrently with the achievement of the requirements for the sustainability of the building. The total sum of the credits defines the achieved level of certification. To install a micro-cogenerator, involved in the Crisalide project, means having the opportunity to gain more LEED credits and at the same time increase the energy class of both public and private buildings. During the renovation or building processes, whether you are either a professional or an operator of the Real Estate, feel free to contact us for more information.
FIGURE 1: Costs, Volumes and Risks
In order to develop the technology of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Stacks (SOFC) it is necessary to establish a synergy of scale between the technology producers and customers, with the aim of reducing the production costs and the risks deriving from the product cycle.
With the support of such projects as Crisalide and ENE.FIELD, the intention is to reach these objectives and establish a successful product in our country and all around the Europe.